You have got to the interview stage, do look at our tips on how to prepare https://www.talentsearch.careers/preparing-for-that-vital-interview
Here we have put together some questions you might want to ask
- Can you expand on the specific responsibilities and day to day activities?
- What would my first week look like?
- How does this role contribute to the organisation’s success?
- What do you want to see me accomplish in this role?
Getting to know the interviewer
- What do you enjoy about working here?
- Why do you like this industry?
- What is your typical day like?
- What have the team accomplished?
- What goals do you have for the company?
- How does the company encourage employees to ask questions?
- What is the work culture like?
- What focus is there on work/Life Balance?
- What benefits come with the role?
- How often do you work out of hours?
- What is the company’s mission statement?
- Why do most employee’s leave the company?
- How would you describe the company’s leader’s management style?
- What are the company’s biggest challenges?
- What do your employees say about the company?
- How are employees recognised for their hard work?
- How do you measure success?
- How often do you evaluate performance?
- What goals and timelines I am likely to be set?
Opportunities for growth
- What advancement opportunities are there likely to be?
- Do you have a mentor scheme in place?
- What type of educational/training does the company offer?
- How did your company respond during the Covid-19 crisis?
- How has the culture changed due to the shut down?
- What are the homeworking facilities?
- How do you keep the remote team motivated?
- What will your home working policy be moving forward?
- How has the company’s financial position been affected?
Prior to leaving
Thank you for your time and opportunity to discuss the role, it sounds like a great opportunity. What is the next step in your process? I am definitely keen to pursue this further if asked.